Monday, April 12, 2010

The Waiting Game

Today is the BIG day - I awakened this morning and did my daily meditation and I'm ready to face the news, whatever the outcome. I will find out today for certain whether or not I'll need chemotherapy from my oncologist, as the results of my tumor testing will be complete. It's been kind of a rough weekend, very emotional as I developed an infection late last week at the incision site of my mastectomy. My plastic surgeon had to remove some dead tissue and put me on some strong antibiotics. Not sure whether I look like Frankenstein with all my scars, or maybe the Bride of Frankenstein. Frankly I've been healing really well so hopefully this is only a blip on the radar screen.

I was so moved last night watching the news to see Phil Mickelson after he won the Masters, embracing his wife who has been fighting breast cancer. I heard over the weekend that another friend in our community (mother of one of Andy's basketball friends from high school) has been diagnosed with breast cancer. However, to balance that news out I was just informed this morning that 2 more people in my circle have gotten their mammograms which had been postponed!

I'm off for my 4 mile walk this morning -- training for the 60 mile Susan B. Komen walk is going well so onward and upward to face the day! Will post more later when I hear from the doctor this afternoon. Thank you for all of your prayers and keep them coming strong today especially.

3 comments:

  1. Nancy, my thoughts and prayers are with you....keep on walking and I hope your weather is as nice as it is here in Virginia (the dogwoods are in full bloom...).

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you with much love and incredibly positive thoughts. I'm impressed that you are up to 4 mi. Nice going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're in my thoughts and prayers!

    ReplyDelete