Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Ask and You Shall Receive


Yesterday I sent an email out to my friends and co-workers telling them officially that I'm participating in the Susan G. Komen 3Day Walk for the Cure in August. I will be walking with my team, the "Pink Divas," for 60 miles (20 miles a day for 3 days) to raise money and build awareness for breast cancer research.

There's not much that makes me speechless, but I have to say I was overwhelmed with emotion when, in less than 24 hours, I exceeded my initial goal of raising $2,300 for this cause. When I saw the emails rolling in saying, "You have received a donation . . ." over and over again, it was one of those "aha" moments when you know in your heart that you're doing the right thing. Here's a list of those who have helped me reach my initial goal -- THANK YOU to everyone for your generosity!

Judy Alden
Mary Lou Hely
Geary Morris
Pam Nale
Tracy Brown
Marlene Lehky
Kim Aitken-Young
Janet Cunningham
Angelique - Web Storytellers
Cheryl Sabin
Linda Beaton
Victor DiLeo and Marlene Bunch
Rich Villalobos
Tina Gangel
Amy Alfano
Lisa and Bill Rolland
Bob Abrams
Mike French - INX

This means more to me than I could ever express in words. I know in my heart that one day the world will be free of breast cancer, and if we all do our part that day will come sooner than we can imagine. To everyone who has donated: I am proud to call you my friends.


Here's a photo of me with my fellow teammates Sandy Hargrave and Nan Cutler. Go Pink Divas! And welcome to our newest team member, Kathy Knorr who will be traveling from Chicago to walk in the Denver event.



2 comments:

  1. Your friends must have $$$, or they're cutting into their martini budget! I couldn't believe your dash board had exceeded your goal. Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand what you're saying -- I put off doing the walk for years because I didn't think I could raise the $$. Had a similar experience of receiving (not quite as amazing, but I had it all in a couple of weeks). I was also stunned. It really validates that people want this disease to be OVER and are looking for ways to support the effort. I'm SO proud of you.

    ReplyDelete