Monday, April 19, 2010

Notes From the Big Apple

I spent a few days in NYC attending an All Hands Meeting at Cisco and also met with one of my partners at the Cisco office. What a great feeling to be back at work and see everyone again (some in person, some via TelePresence). My energy level was fairly good and I was able to hang in there for almost a full day, which is a big deal considering that I've been out for almost 2 months.

In my free time I did a lot of walking, in preparation for the 60 mile Susan B. Komen walk I'm training for. Here are some photos I took along the way . . .


Park Avenue on a Sunday morning



Random Tulips springing forth



South Entrance to Central Park




My friend Janet Cunningham and I walked almost 7 miles on Sunday (leisurely walking, not fast paced), including a stroll across the Brooklyn Bridge:



Our reward on the other side was a yummy pizza and a glass of red wine! All in all a wonderful time and a relaxing way to usher in Spring and celebrate my good news from last week. Now I'm off to Chicago to meet with some of my other Cisco partners. It feels great to be back at work!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back in the game, please don't push yourself too hard, listen to your body, it's still fighting off all the foreign substances your physicians have pumped into it. 7 miles might be counterproductive. It's weird that you mention Thailand, Jamie and Marcela were vacationing in Thailand when he started experiencing weight loss and fatigue, later to learn he had stage 4. Funny thing, he tried to feed the elephant an apple, but the elephant kept slapping at his wallet with his trunk demanding cash!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pictures!! Glad you are feeling good about being back at work.

    ReplyDelete