Sunday, March 7, 2010

Tomorrow is the Big Day

I'm sitting here with my "Goomba" (as she calls herself), Ellen Chandra watching the Oscars. There are SO MANY special people I want to thank for being there for me . . .

Ellen of course - for willingly flying in from California and giving up a week of her life to be by my side at the hospital this week (watch out nurses if she doesn't think the care is up to par!)

Kat, for making me certain that I've chosen the best plastic surgeon on the planet by sharing her personal experience with me

Judy, my dear friend in San Diego, who walked 60 miles last year in honor of breast cancer, and who is wearing her t-shirt again as she walks another 60 miles

Rich my "web toy boy" for helping me design this blog

My two BFFs, Mary Lou from Cleveland and Mary Lou from Half Moon Bay, for being there ALWAYS to listen

My friend Shelley from Dubai who has turned me on to Pranic Healing, which will allow me to go into surgery tomorrow with my chakras aligned

Dianne, Julie, Liz, Laura, and all of my friends who have sent me cards and well wishes

Val in Albuquerque who has been a rock since day one of my diagnosis, for openly sharing her wisdom

Patty, Marlene and Nancy H, who have accompanied me to all of my doctor appointments

Kathy in Chicago who is organizing this year's 60 mile walk in Denver for my friends and I

Marlys, Maureen, Deana and Marilyn for providing healthy meals for me during these past crazy weeks

I'm sure I'm forgetting some people but the bottom line is, I will sleep well tonight knowing that all of you have me in your heart and I will enter my surgery tomorrow knowing that you're all praying for me.

Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Nancy, I am moved beyond words by your strength and love of life. Your purpose is unfolding before you and I'm a better person by knowing you. Thank you for inspiring me. I'm praying for you now and wish you the speediest of recoveries. God bless.

    Wendy Phillips

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are thoroughly wrapped in love and healing. St. Theresa is holding your hand.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy - just heard your news and want you to know that my thoughts and prayers are with you in your battle!

    Geary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy via Ellen Chandra -- updates?? There are alot of us out here holding our breath, and would appreciate an update on the surgery today.

    Kathy Knorr kknorr@rcn.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ellen. As I did with my husband's surgery (via answering machine - before blogs existed), just leave short phrases on Nancy's blog like "stable, irritable, cries a lot, eating little, smiled once today, etc." Nance has so many supporters who love her.

    Jan Sender Reitman & Greta

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Nancy,
    Just heard that your surgery went well and no cancer was found in the lymph nodes! Praise God! He continues to answer prayers.

    Be strong, my sister. You are now counted among the many of us who are breast cancer survivors. Adds new meaning to the term "bosom buddies". ;-}

    Love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  7. You r truly an inspiration, please keep your blog updated so we know how u r cathy hayden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nancy - Of course you're doing well. I hope you'll be out of the hospital this weekend and on the way home. Great that there's lymph node involvement. Take good care. xx sue damour

    ReplyDelete