Saturday, March 6, 2010

Essential Checklist!


I love making lists - there's something satisfying about checking things off and obtaining a sense of completion when everything is done. Maybe that's because I NEVER feel that way at work, the list just keeps getting longer and longer . . . Here's my "To Do" List of things to complete before the surgery on Monday:

1. Take a bubble bath every day (twice is good too).

2. Drink expensive champagne and eat some good dark chocolate (no cheap stuff allowed).

3. Relax several times a day with a cup of tea by the fire.

4. Go on a long hike with my dogs George Clooney and Sadie.

5. Have my son Will make me a new Ipod playlist so I can listen to mellow music as I'm drifting off prior to surgery.

6. Stock up on reading material: Currently on the list, Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips, What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell, The Help by Kathryn Stockett, back issues of The New Yorker.

7. Spend some time in solitude at church.

8. Get a manicure and pedicure (pedicure must be a WILD color - I choose electric blue).

9. Attend a Pink Yoga class (more on that later).

10. Buy some great loungewear for hanging out at home after the surgery.

11. Have a great dinner with Andy and Will.

12. Cry when I feel like it.

13. Watch a really funny movie.

14. Indulge myself with a Starbucks Cinnamon Dolce Latte with TONS of whipped cream.

15. Start planning my next vacation . . . maybe a girls' trip to Provence this fall?

Notice that there's nothing on my list like "Clean the Bathroom,""Wash the Car," or "Pay Bills" -- this is total indulgence focused on ME. I love it!!!

5 comments:

  1. Love your list - I want to do everything on it! Well, almost everything. I'm so impressed I may start making lists--sure beats trying to remember what the heck I was thinking/doing/wanting to do. I'm incredibly proud of you for making these choices! Love the champagne and chocolate. Think I"ll do that now in your honor. Well, it's pretty ok champagne and Trader's Joe's 85% organic dark chocolate--it will have to do for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girls' trips are the best! I'm doing one to the Dordogne in April. A few years ago we did Provence with the extended clan. Stayed in the most amazing house, owned by a wonderful American couple with a very interesting story you can read on their blog that links from the house: http://www.francevacationvilla.com/gancel/

    My-often-travel-mate blogged about our trip starting here: http://neeracha.blogspot.com/2007/06/our-villa-at-last.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're always welcome to come back to Japan--free room and board! We're moving at the end of May :-(

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the list! One of my faves is a bubble bath with candles lit and a glass of champagne. You're in my thoughts. You go girl!
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I should keep reading this blog for the book tips alone! So far I've added "Gifts from the Sea" and the Malcolm Gladwell book to my Amazon wish list. I just finished "The Help" and have that feeling you get when you're almost sad after a good book ends. I look forward to your next list.

    You've also inspired me to see if I can still fit myself and my big pregnant belly into the bathtub...

    ReplyDelete