Thursday, March 4, 2010

Movies for Healing


One of my favorite, fun-loving friends is Janet Cunningham. She is a "movie maven" and lives in New York City. Of course when Janet found out I was having surgery she immediately asked, "What can I do to help?" So I thought the perfect thing for the recuperation was for her to put together her all-time favorite list of movies! Here it is -

Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner

Albert Brooks’ flicks:
Defending Your Life
Lost in America
Private Benjamin
Mother

Coen Brothers:
The Big Lebowski
Burn After Reading

Christopher Guest:
Waiting for Guffman
A Mighty Wind
Best in Show

Almost Famous
Home for the Holidays

I've got a few of these on order and the only thing missing will be Janet and her husband Tony sitting on the couch with me munching on popcorn as I recover. I'll just have to make do with George and Sadie by my side.

2 comments:

  1. You can't do much better than GEORGE CLOONEY and Sadie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Homey, don't forget "Moley's Wart" in Uncle Buck!! That will surely put a smile on your face. :-)

    ReplyDelete