Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Making an Impact


Since I started blogging about three weeks ago on the subject of breast cancer, here are some things that have happened:

- 14 women have scheduled their overdue mammograms (you know who you are, I'm not naming names) - AWESOME!

- Of those 14, three have been called back for rechecks

- My friend Susan Limoncelli donated $100 in my honor at a breast cancer benefit last week! Thank you, Susan, for your generous spirit.

That is truly the mission of my blog: To educate and raise awareness of the importance of getting annual mammograms, and to give back to the community so that others who are less fortunate can have equal access to annual screenings at no cost. I have a new motto (compliments of Sasha at the St. Joseph Breast Care Center):


SAVING THE WORLD ONE BREAST AT A TIME

1 comment:

  1. Nothing wrong with crying, I know you're not crying for sympathy, but for the people you care about and love. I can't wait to see the results of your surgery. I'm sure you will want an objective opinion from a guy, I'm not sure if I can tell the difference, but I'll do my best!

    ReplyDelete