Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Learning to Let Go

Yesterday brought yet another MRI with a biopsy, this time to check out something suspect on the right side (try staying still for 30 minutes while they poke you with a needle, not easy). Somehow this procedure put me over the edge emotionally, realizing that I'm not in control of this situation and I have to put my faith in my doctors and focus what I CAN control, which is staying positive and being healthy. Instead of being the "strong one" all the time, I need to accept help from my family and friends. I'm also learning that it's ok to be angry and cry, in fact it's healthy!

Bottom Line: Although everyone wants to help, there are excruciating moments when you realize this journey is a solitary one, and on the other side somewhere is a place where I will look back from the top of the mountain and know that I have won the battle. I'm still working on getting the Flip video uploaded so stay tuned on that one - technically challenged. Special thanks to eveyone for their positive vibes and support, especially-

Nancy P - love the healing music, it is helping me sleep
Nancy H,Patty and Marlene - for accompanying me to my doctor appointments
My neice Laurie - for mentioning me in your blog
Michelle - for not making me feel guilty about work

I love you all -

Nancy

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nancy, I'm one of your multitude of fans, friends, loved ones and followers. Yes it was a schock to read your blog but it is a battle you can and will win.

    Lovingly,

    Jan

    ReplyDelete