Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Two Days and Counting

It's hard to believe that a little over 48 hours from now I'll be putting on my Nikes and my "Pink Diva" gear to start the 60 Mile walk. I'm a little apprehensive, not so much about the walk but about getting up in front of 1,000 people to give a speech about my personal experience with breast cancer. I've written my speech and have rehearsed it numerous times and I've yet to get through it without crying.

But I guess if I do cry (which I probably will), no one will be surprised. I'm always amazed to see how stoic people can be when speaking to a large group in public. All I can do is be myself, tell my story, and whatever happens, happens. Of course, it will all be recorded for posterity on my trusty Flip video!

My teammates arrive tomorrow from Chicago and Aspen, and we'll do our last check of packing items, etc. So tonight I'll enjoy my mattress because later on this week I'll be sleeping in a tent! If only it were a Westin Heavenly Bed . . .

3 comments:

  1. Good Luck to the Fabulous PINK DIVAS!! I'll be following your blog. Hope the Flip video is posted to YouTube so we can all see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nancy - you go girl! So excited for you and your team.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nancy, Been thinking about you all day! Hope you're feet are holding out. I know you'll do a great job tomorrow night. Wish I could be there. I look for the flip and I'll see you at the finish line! Love you! Snooze

    ReplyDelete