Thursday, August 26, 2010

I am Optimism

Tomorrow morning I will be a flagbearer at the Susan G. Komen 3Day for the Cure 60 mile walk during the opening ceremonies. Alongside 7 other breast cancer survivors, I will be bearing a flag with the word OPTIMISM on it. I'm honored to have been selected for this particular banner.

My teammates on the Pink Divas will be taking video and photos of the opening ceremonies, after which we will be walking for 22 miles to our first night's camping in pink tents! My heart is full of optimism tonight, for myself and for all the other people out there who have been touched by breast cancer.

On Saturay I'll be giving a speech and sharing my my personal story with all of the other participants, volunteers, and staff - hope to get that recorded on video too!

Look for updates over the weekend, as they promise to have computers set up for blogging, etc. at the event.

2 comments:

  1. You ARE Optimism - how very fitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you!!! Let me know how it goes, and I can't wait to see pictures or video of the event!

    ReplyDelete