Tuesday, May 25, 2010

A Banner Day

Today was momentous for more than one reason.

First: Andy, my 21 year old son, was offered an internship in San Francisco for the summer. I'm elated that he has such a fantastic opportunity to start his business career as he has one more semester to complete before he gets his degree from the Leeds School of Business at the University of Colorado. Go Andy! (But I'll miss you, except for the dirty cothes and towels you leave strewn all over my bathroom.)

Second: Will, my 19 year old son, got a job with Denver's largest catering company for the summer. Cooking is his passion and I'm sure he'll have a blast. It sure beats mowing lawns.

Third and perhaps Most Important: Today my fundraising for the Susan G Komen 3Day Walk for the Cure reached over $5,000!!!! Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined the tremendously postive impact my breast cancer diagnosis could have had. Here I am 3 months later, feeling and looking great, training for the 60 mile walk and I can honestly say I've emerged from the dark tunnel of the past few months. Each day just gets better and I'm so grateful for everyone's support, belief in me, and continued prayers.

What a great way to begin the summer!

1 comment: