Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Exciting News!

I learned over the weekend that I've been chosen as one of 10 cancer survivors to be a flag bearer in the opening and closing ceremonies at the Susan G. Komen 3Day for the Cure in Denver next month . What an honor! I believe there are over 800 people registered to participate in the event.

We're coming down to 6 weeks pre-event and my training is going really well. I did an 8 mile training walk on Saturday and felt great afterwards. Also, I bought a new mountain bike last week and participated in a 10 mile Moonlight Ride on Saturday in downtown Denver. What a blast! Here's a photo of me with my new mountain bike!




One more bit of positive news - I had my stitches removed from my last surgery today and everything is healing up well. It's great to be back to normal (whatever that is).

1 comment: